The following guidelines will be observed at the Morgan Bay Zendo by the Board of Directors and anyone designated by the Board to a responsible position at Morgan Bay Zendo.
We will avoid inappropriate behavior such as sexual overtures or innuendo, and in so doing maintain responsible and respectful relationships to each other and to those who look to us for guidance.
If there is a lack of observance of the above, any person who so wishes may discuss their concerns with a Board member who will help them decide whether the matter should be brought to the attention of the Ethics Committee or the Board of Trustees for further discussion. All such communications will be held in strictest confidence.
1. Aware of the suffering caused by the destruction of life, we vow to cultivate compassion and learn ways to protect the lives of people, animals, plants, and minerals.
2. Aware of the suffering caused by exploitation, social injustice, stealing and oppression, we vow to cultivate loving kindness and learn ways to work for the well being of people, animals, plants and minerals.
3. Aware of the suffering caused by sexual misconduct, we vow to cultivate responsibility and learn ways to protect the safety and integrity of individuals, couples, families and society.
4. Aware of the suffering caused by unmindful speech and the inability to listen to other, we vow to cultivate loving speech and deep listening in order to bring joy and happiness to others and relieve others of their suffering.
5. Aware of the suffering caused by unmindful consumption, we vow to cultivate good health, both physical and mental, for ourselves, our family, and our society by practicing mindful eating, drinking, and consuming.